Sunday, March 29, 2009

Maternity Photoshoot

Its funny sometimes. In my first trimester, I felt so lazy and tired, I could hardly go anywhere. During my 2nd trimester, I was busy sourcing for baby's stuff. Popping into baby's departmental store every time I had a chance to. Now at my 3rd trimester and about about 3 more weeks to my due date, Mummy here is getting vain.. I guess it could be because I had been through 10 months of "suffering", watching my body changes into a bloated balloon and suffering all the aches, vomit, etc. I just couldnt stand it anymore. I need to get a little pampering before I pop. Hence, I went for a makeover by Langeie to commemorate my first pregnancy.

Korean cosmetics brand, Langeie had this makeover promotion held at Bugis over the March weekend. For a nominal fee of $30, you get to enjoy a free makeover, a hairstyling session, a photoshoot, a A4 printout, a 4 piece trial kit and a $30 voucher fully redeemable for Langeie products. I decided to make use of this great offer to take my maternity shot before I pop in 2 to 3 weeks time.. Afterall, how often do I get to be of this size. Haha...

Getting myself all dolled up in preparation for the photoshoot.


Tada.. I am all set and ready now for my glam mama shot.


Taking pose.... The photographer was very friendy and guided me on the various poses to take in order for the picture to turn out better. They even had a trolley of costumes for customers to wear in order to spice up the pictures further. Rather professional....

Glam Mummy....

After a few change of costumes and a few photos taken, its photo selection time. Hmm.. The photos turn out rather well.. I just couldnt mke up my mind. As this is a maternity photoshoot, I decided to be a little more generous to myself. After a little chiding from hubby who is willing to foot the bill.. I decided to take on 2 more 5R photo prints at $35... Well.. I regretted much later... Could have paid for another $30 voucher in exchange for a A4 photoprint and another Langeie product... =( Lesson learnt.....
For 9+ months, I felt so fat and ugly that I hardly bothered to makeup, style my hair or wear fashionable clothes. I just felt like a big, fat penguin trotting around. I find my body becoming bigger and rounder, face rounder and totally ugly no matter what I do.. For once.. I felt attractive again and proud to be a mum to be. =) Here's the shots from the photoshoot. I simply love them... Glam and Pretty Mummy... keke...

And that's not all... For $228 worth of cosemetics purchase, you get to take back with you a limited edition luggage bag, a travel size make up pouch, a professional makeup pouch, several versions of trial kit sets and the chance to purchase a star buy item at $15. Seeing that I was sooo... attracted by the luggage bag.. Dear offered to purchase the cosemetics for me... Muacks.. Thanks Dear.... So all in all.. I not only get to lugged back beautiful photos for my memory keepsake.. I brought home with me lots of cosmetics and skin care products from Langeie and freebies... keke... Its Mummy's day for once.... =)

No comments: