Sunday, December 14, 2008

Week 20 (2nd Trimester)

Hi guys, I know it had been a long time since I last update baby's blog again. =p.... Well, there's so much to update. I will key in 2 seperate entries this time.

First of all.. the moment you have all been waiting for.. The results of my detailed scan. My detailed scan took place on 1 Dec. On the day of the detailed scan, it had been a rather unhappy moment. Baby's dad actually couldnt find his way to the hospital.. (despite claiming that he had a navigator which could show the way, blah.. blah.. blah..). To make matters worse, the day before my scan, I actually discovered some slight bleeding from beneath.. I got a little worried and panicky.. and cant wait to get to the hospital soon for my check up.. Well.. to cut the long story short, we took a cab to the hospital instead (even though its just a short walk of 5 to 10 minutes from Novena station).
Soon it was my turn.. And there we saw her... Prior to the scan, I already had this feeling that I am expecting a girl and was already searching for baby girl's stuff and names. Thought of a few names and finally Daddy decided to name baby Valene if she is a girl. Valene = Strength. True enough, the Sonographer confirmed that we are expecting a baby girl! For those who got it right, you deserve a pat on your back. =)

Here's some snapshots of baby Valene whilst she is still in my stomach. =D
Are you able to see her face? Her eyes were closed in this picture. She was sleeping initially. She soon wake up after she realised all the commotion during the scan.. keke.. I was in fact so touched to see her that I began crying when I see her cute little face.
The Sonographer said that she is rather fat at her waistline for her age. Her waistline is slightly thicker than an average child and she is rather chubby too... This got me a little worried as I did not eat much (just normally).. gained 6kg since pre-pregnancy so far.... How come baby is growing so fat? She assured me that Valene is just absorbing faster in the early stages. She might slow down later. May I also highlight that Valene is now 344g (since the last scan).
Side view of Valene

The bottom view of Valene that confirmed her gender. Two fleshy parts.... (RA21)


Look at her little feet. So tiny and cute.


In the earlier part of this entry, I mentioned that I faced some slight bleeding. Well.. the Sonographer checked my cervix and placenta during the scan. She said that she didnt find any problems that could lead to this. She added that it could be some some slight external spotting. The gynae also highlighted that it is nothin serious. True enough, the spotting stopped in 2 days time. Baby Valene is continuing to grow healthily in me. Cant wait to see her again. Have also signed up for an antenatal class in early Feb and a 3D scan in Jan. You will get to see more of baby Valene in the next few months. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no more updates liao ?