Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Pacifier Nightmare

After delivery, there are sooo... many things I would love to update but was always too busy to do so.. Let me just jot this particular journal first. I will catch up on the rest later...
Just when I thought I am finally starting to adjust to Valene's schedule and she to mine, she started giving me problems today. I suspect that it is due to my continuous latch on with minimal use of bottles that cultivated this unwanted habit. She got so used to my nipples that she started throwing tantrums when I tried feeding her my expressed breast milk with a bottle. If thats not enough, she is constantly crying out for something to suck on.

I was just about to hooray that my daughter unlike other babies dislike the pacifer and was about to slap myself for the purchase of it. I was also starting to generate ideas of disposing the rest of the pacifer when today she started crying for one. To be honest, she was actually crying for my nipples. But they were so sore from her constant sucking that it sends shivers down my back whenever I give in to her cries...

Sighz.. So in order to pacify her, I had to give her the pacifier.. But I shallnt give her anymore nipples nor direct breastfeeding until she learns how to drink by the bottle again. Here's baby Valene with her pacifer...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! :)

hzmh said...

ouch. mummy must be painful. so now has she adjusted to bottle?